Vegetation & Debris Collection Update
Wellington debris collection contractors and staff continue debris collection
Wellington debris collection contractors and staff continue debris collection through neighborhoods to pick up storm-generated debris this week.
Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/storm for updates. Schedules are estimates and are subject to change.
Residents will have more than one opportunity to place hurricane debris out for collection. We thank our residents for their patience as we work together to recover from Hurricane Irma.
Here is the latest overview of Debris, Trash & Recycling Collection:
Residential Garbage Collection
- Normal collection schedule continues for household garbage and recycling bins, residents will continue to receive service on their regularly scheduled collection day.
- Collection will be limited to items placed in the garbage bin only.
- Do not put any bagged trash or yard waste curbside on your garbage pick-up day.
- Due to increased volume, the timing of your pick up on your collection day may vary from when you normally receive it. Please be patient and allow the Village extra time to complete the routes.
Yard Waste Collection
- Residential yard waste collection is now underway across the Village.
- Green yard waste carts cannot be used for regular household trash or recycling.
- Collections will begin early. We encourage residents to place their green yard waste carts out early or the night before their regularly scheduled collection day. The timing of your pick up on your collection day may vary from when you normally receive it.
- Bulk trash pickup remains suspended until further notice. This includes all items noted below such as appliances and household electronics.
Residents Are Urged to Separate Storm Debris as Follows:
- VEGETATIVE DEBRIS (whole trees, tree stumps, tree branches, tree trunks and other leafy material)
- CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS (damaged components of homes, buildings and structures such as lumber and wood, fencing, wall board, glass, metal, roofing materials, tile, furnishings, and fixtures) These items, if placed curbside, will not be picked up as part of first pass collection. Pickup will occur at second pass.
- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE: Do not place to the curb at this time. Instructions to be announced.
- APPLIANCES & WHITE GOODS, ELECTRONIC WASTE, ETC. (BULK) Bulk waste collection is temporarily suspended. These items, if place curbside, will not be picked up at this time.
Do not place spoiled food items or other waste in debris piles.
Please note that bulk trash collection services remain suspended. NO BAGGED debris should be placed in yard waste carts.
Do not place debris on a storm drain or near a water meter vault, fire hydrant or any other above-ground utility. Avoid placing piles on sidewalks, driveways or private paved surfaces. Only debris placed on the public right-of-way will be eligible for collection. Please follow the guidelines on the graphic below which provides a visual overview of the proper method to set debris on the right-of-way.